This policy describes the types of information we may collect from or about you, or that you may provide when you visit the website StillBlueNY.com (the “Website”), when you create an account with us to use the Website, and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
This policy is part of the Terms and Conditions applicable to the use of our Website. Please review this policy together with the Terms and Conditions, to understand all of your rights and obligations, and how we operate our Website.
This policy applies only when you interact with our Website or as otherwise set forth herein, and not to communications you may have with us offline, or when speaking to our customer service representatives. This policy does not apply to any information collected by third parties.
This policy may change from time to time. Your continued use of this Website after we make changes is deemed to be acceptance of those changes, so please check the policy periodically for updates.
Children Under the Age of 13
Our Website is not intended for children under eighteen (18) years of age. No one under age eighteen (18) may provide any personal information to us or on or through the Website.
We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of thirteen (13). If you are under thirteen (13), do not use or provide any information on this Website or on or through any of its features or register on the Website, make any purchases through the Website, use any of the interactive or public comment features of this Website (if such feature is available) or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or user name you may use.
If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under thirteen (13) years of age without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information.
If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under the age of thirteen (13), please contact us at email@example.com.
What information do we collect?
- We collect information from you when you register on the Website, place an order, respond to a survey or communication such as e-mail, or participate in another Website feature. When ordering or registering, we may ask you for your name, e-mail address, mailing address, phone number, and information about your measurements.
- We collect information about your transactions on the Website, such as the items you ordered, the cost of such orders, and the quantity of items you purchased.
- We use PayPal to process your payments, but may also add other means of making payment in the future, in which case, when you place an order on our Website, we may also collect credit card and billing details so that we may process your transaction.
- We collect information when you send us correspondence (including via email), or when you use any “contact us” or similar feature on the Website.
- We may collect certain information about you, your internet connection, and your devices, your browsers, or location, as you browse our Website.
- We may collect information pertaining to your search queries on our Website.
- We also use "cookies" to enhance your experience and gather information about visitors and visits to our Website. Please see further explanation below for information about cookies and how we use them.
How do we collect this information?
We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us.
- Automatically as you navigate through the Website. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies.
- From third parties, for example, our business partners.
How do we use your information?
We may use the information we collect from you in the following ways:
- To present our Website and its contents to you.
- To personalize your Website experience and allow us to deliver the type of content and product offerings in which we think you are most interested.
- To allow us to better service you in responding to your customer service requests.
- To process your transactions.
- To provide you with notices about your account, transactions and/or the Website.
- To administer promotions, survey, or other Website features.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collections, if needed.
- To notify you about changes to our Website or any products or services we offer or provide though it.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on our Website, if any.
- To develop and create our products and services.
- For behavioral tracking.
- For any other purpose as needed for our business.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- To contact you about our own and third-parties' goods and services that we think may be of interest to you.
- To enable us to display advertisements to our advertisers' target audiences.
If you have opted-in to receive our e-mail newsletter, we may send you periodic e-mails. If you would no longer like to receive promotional e-mail from us, please refer to the “How Can You Opt-Out of Receiving E-mail Communications” section below. If you have not opted-in to receive e-mail newsletters, you will not receive these e-mails. Visitors who register or participate in other Website features such as marketing programs and 'members-only' content will be given a choice whether they would like to be on our e-mail list and receive e-mail communications from us.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies.
As you navigate through and interact with our Website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about you, your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our Website, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website.
- Information about your computer or mobile device and about your internet connection, including your IP address, mobile device identifier, your operating system, browser type, and the name of your mobile carrier.
We also may use these technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or other online services (behavioral tracking).
The information we collect automatically is statistical data and may also include personal information, or we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve our services and our Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Website according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to our Website.
- Analyze our services and products and perform market research.
When you visit or leave our Website by clicking a hyperlink or when you view a third-party site that includes our plugins or cookies (or similar technology), we may automatically receive the URL of the site from which you came or the one to which you are directed.
We may also receive location data passed to us from third-party services or GPS-enabled devices that you have set up, which we may use to show you local information on our mobile applications and for fraud prevention and security purposes. Most mobile devices allow you to prevent real time location data being sent to us, and of course we will honor your settings.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Cookies (or browser cookies). A cookie is a small file placed on the hard drive of your computer. Note that while you can set your browser to not allow cookies, we may not be able to honor that request, and may track your activity and collect information about you and your online activities even when the browser is set to “do not track”,
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Website may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on our Website. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies and you may not be able to shut down our collection of and use of information through this technology.
- Web Beacons, Pixels and Tags. Pages of our Website and our e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
- Log Files. These track actions occurring on our Website, and which help us collect your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, the webpages from which you came or to which you go before and after visiting our Website, and the date and time of your visits.
Do Not Track
Do Not Track (“DNT”) is a concept promoted by certain regulatory authorities and industry groups for development and implementation of a mechanism that would allow internet users to control the tracking of their online activities across websites. Currently, various browsers (including Internet Explorer, Firefox, and Safari) offer a DNT option that allows a user to set a preference in the browser to not have his/her activities on the internet tracked. You can usually access your browser's DNT option in your browser's preferences. When a user’s browser is set to DNT, some cookies and other tracking technologies may become inactive, depending on how the website visited responds to DNT browser settings.
Due to a lack of general standards on use of DNT in the industry, at this time, our website may not respond to DNT signals.
Keep in mind that third party service providers, such as analytics providers and cookies providers, may not respect your DNT choices when you browse our Website.
Your California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section 1798.83, known as the “Shine The Light” law, permits our customers who are California residents to request and obtain from us a list of what personal information (if any) we disclosed to third parties for direct marketing purposes in the preceding calendar year and the names and addresses of those third parties. Requests may be made only once a year and are free of charge. Under Section 1798.83, we currently do not share any personal information with third parties for their direct marketing purposes.
Please also see the “Do Not Track” Section above for information on how our Website responds to your browser’s “do not track” settings.
We do not control these third parties' tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly.
How Do We Protect Visitor Information?
We implement a variety of security measures intended to maintain the safety of your personal information. Your personal information is contained behind networks which have been designed to be secure. When you place your order(s), or access your personal information, we offer the use of a server which is configured in a manner designed to be secure based on currently known technologies. All sensitive/credit card information you supply is transmitted in an encrypted form. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we try to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted through or collected through the use of our Website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk.
We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone and to change your password from time to time. We also highly recommend that you use a password that is dissimilar to and cannot be easily found by unauthorized third parties who may have obtained your login credentials to other sites. Keep in mind that if you use the same password for all websites, if someone obtains your credentials for one site, they may be able to then use those credentials to log into any other site you use.
Do We Disclose the Information We Collect to Outside Parties?
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information unless we provide you with advance notice, except as described in this policy.
We may disclose personal information that we collect or you provide as follows:
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business and assist us in providing services and offering and shipping our products.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of the Company's assets or stock, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by the Company about our Website users is among the assets transferred.
- To third parties to market their products or services to you.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including responding to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of the Company, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
We may share non-personally identifiable visitor information with other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses freely.
How Can You Opt-Out of Receiving E-mail Communications?
To modify your e-mail subscriptions, please let us know by modifying your preferences in the "My Account" section. You may also unsubscribe through the "unsubscribe" link in an emailed newsletter. Please note that due to email production schedules you may receive any emails already in production.
Third party links
In an attempt to provide you with increased value, we may include third party links on our Website. These linked sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We recommend you review those policies carefully before sharing any data with such third parties. We have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our Website and welcome any feedback about these linked sites (including if a specific link does not work). Please send us your feedback by email at the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are grateful for your feedback. If you elect to send us comments about our products, you can do so at email@example.com. The comments you send us may be chosen to appear on our Website. You hereby grant to us an unlimited, irrevocable, worldwide, royalty free, fully paid up right and license to use all such testimonials, comments or information you provide to us when you send us your feedback or comments, and you grant us permission to copy, distribute, publish, create derivative works of, and display all information contained in your communications in perpetuity.
Questions and feedback
We welcome your questions, comments, and concerns about privacy. Please send us your feedback pertaining to privacy, or any other issue by using our contact form or address below.
Blue Sugar New York LLC
244 W. 74th Street, Apt. A8
New York, NY 10023